The Entrepreneur Stream is for those who are well experienced business owners or senior business managers who intend to reside in Nova Scotia. In order to get settled, they must set up a new business or buy an already existing business; moreover they must actively get involved in the day-to-day management of the business. After the business has been operating for a year, the entrepreneur may be nominated for permanent resident status. However, the application to the stream is only possible by an invitation.
In order to apply, you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Have the intention to reside in Nova Scotia permanently while owning and actively managing a Nova Scotian business.
- Possess a net worth of at least $600,000 CAD.
- Be capable of investing at least $150,000 CAD of your money in order to set up a business in Nova Scotia.
- Have at-least 3 years of experience actively managing and owning a business (1/3 ownership minimum) OR experience of more than 5 years at a senior business management position.
- Have a score of at-least 5 in the Canadian Language Benchmark in modules such as speaking, listening, reading and writing in English or French.
- Complete an online Expression of Interest.
- Receive an Invitation to Apply from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration.