The Entrepreneur Stream is for those people who are well experienced business owners or senior business managers who intend to reside in Nova Scotia. In order to get settled, they must set up a new business or buy an already existing business; moreover they must actively get involved in the day-to-day management of the business. After the business has been operated for a year, the entrepreneur may be nominated for a permanent resident status. However, the application to the stream is only possible by an invitation.
In order to apply, you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Have an intention of residing in Nova Scotia permanently while owning and actively managing a Nova Scotia business.
- Possess a net worth of at least $600,000 CAD.
- Be capable of investing at least $150,000 CAD of your money in order to set up a business in Nova Scotia.
- Have acquired at-least 3 years’ of experience actively managing and owning a business (1/3 ownership minimum) OR experience of more than 5 years’ at a senior business management position.
- Have attained a score of at-least 5 in the Canadian Language Benchmark in modules such as speaking, listening, reading and writing in English or French.
- Complete an online Expression of Interest.
- Receive an Invitation to Apply from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration.