The skilled worker stream has been designed to help employers in the recruitment of foreign workers as well as international students who have recently graduated and who are needed in Nova Scotia. An employer can hire foreign workers for positions in such circumstances when they are unable to fill up those positions with permanent residents or Canadian citizens.
In order to apply, you must:
- Have a full-time permanent job offer from an employer from Nova Scotia.
- Have work experience of at least 1 year related to the job. (Semi-skilled)
- Be 21 to 55 years of age.
- Have training, skills, and/or accreditation for the job.
- Prove your language ability equal to that of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5 if you are a skilled worker. If your first language is English or French, that is sufficient proof. Semi-skilled and low-skilled workers must share their test results to proof they meet CLB 4 even if their first language is English or French.
- Have adequate financial resources in order to successfully settle in Nova Scotia.