The skilled worker stream has been designed to help employers in the recruitment of foreign workers as well as international students who have had graduated recently and who are needed in Nova Scotia. An employer can hire foreign workers for position in such circumstances when they have been unable to fill up those positions with permanent residents or Canadian citizens.
In order to apply, you must:
- Have attained a full-time permanent job offer from an employer from Nova Scotia.
- Have work experience of at-least 1 year related to the job. (Semi-skilled)
- Be 21 to 55 years old.
- Have acquired training, skills and/or accreditation for the job.
- Prove your language ability equal to that of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5 if you are a skilled worker. If your first language is English or French, that is a sufficient proof. Semi-skilled and low-skilled workers must their test results to proof they meet CLB 4 even if their first language is English or French.
- Have adequate financial resources in order to successfully settle in Nova Scotia.