The Post Graduate Work Permit gives an opportunity to such students who have completed their graduation in Canada. After the student’s graduates, they are allowed to work after the graduation from Canadian post-secondary institution in order to attain a valued Canadian work experience.

In the above mentioned scenario, the work experience then also helps a student great deal in the attainment of Canadian Permanent Residence in Canada. That is obtained through Canadian Experience Category (CEC), there are many other programs too in this regard. This could further lead the student to become a Canadian citizen after a specific period of time through a proper process.


  • You are required to have studied for full-time in a Canadian institute for at least of 8 months.
  • In the above mentioned criteria; you are required to have graduated from a public post-secondary institution i.e. college, trade or technical university, or school. OR
  • A private post-secondary institution that has been operated under the same laws and regulation as of public institutions. OR
  • A private institute in Canada which is authorised in Canada by the provincial statute to provide degrees in a situation if you are enrolled in one of those programs leading towards providing a degree authorised by the province in Canada.
  • You are required to possess a study permit while applying for a work permit.