Critical Worker Stream of the Prince Edward Island provides an opportunity for candidates to apply for a nomination for permanent residency of Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) if you are currently working in PEI. The Critical Worker Stream is employer-driven that allows employers to fill up the low skilled positions, which they are unable to fill the local employment market.
In order to be eligible for PEI Critical Worker Stream, you must:
- Score at least fifty (50) points on the Labour Impact Self-Assessment.
- Obtain a full-time, long-term (Permanent or minimum of 2 years) job offer from a PEI employer which must be in NOC skill level C or D in one of these options such as: Customer service representative, labourer, housekeeping attendant, truck driver, food and beverage.
- Have worked full time for a minimum of six months for the PEI employer.
- Have a valid work permit and legal status in Canada.
- Be able to attend the interview organised by Office of Immigration, if required.
- Have a minimum of education equivalent to high school.
- Be of age between 21 and 59 years.
- Have experience of at-least 2 years full-time or relevant education for the past 5 years.
- Provide with a test result of a language test obtained within the last 2 years. A minimum requirement of Canadian Language Benchmark (listening, speaking, writing, and reading) is required.
- Have adequate financial resources to bear all immigration costs (travel expenses included) for yourself and your family members in order to establish in PEI.
- Indicate a real intention to settle in PEI.