The Skilled Workers in PEI is a program that has been put in place for the employers working in this region. For this reason, we consider it to be an employer-driven program and those people can apply for this provinces’ nomination who are already working with an employer based in Prince Edward Island. This stream for permanent residency allows a lot of employers to fill their vacant positions in the province of Prince Edward Island which could not be filled up by the local job market.
To be eligible for the stream of PEI Skilled Worker program, one must;
- Acquire a full-time job offer i.e. an offer of employment that must be from an employer in PEI and it must be of a minimum of 2 years on a permanent basis.
- Be able to present himself/herself in an interview at the Immigration Office if required.
- Be successful in completing a post-secondary educational degree or diploma for at least 2 years.
- Be proficient sufficiently in the English and/or French Language in order to perform the job being offered.
- Be able to show sufficient funds and resources in order to pay the immigration costs which includes travel expenses and expenses for himself/herself and the family which would live and resettle/ move to PEI.
- Have a strong intention to live and settle in PEI.