A few other factors might also be taken into consideration that includes a personal profile, language proficiency information, the applicant’s age, and the nature of professional training.
- The applicant must intend to reside in Quebec and bring about their won employment by practicing their profession or a trade on their own account
- The applicant must have at least two experience as a self-employed worker in the profession or trade that they will be performing in Quebec.
- The applicant must own legal net assets of at least $100,000 CAD. This amount may comprise of the net assets of the applicant’s spouse as well, as long as the spouse will be accompanying the applicant.
As per Quebec Skilled Worker Program requirements, the applicant is expected to achieve a certain number of points depending on the circumstances and the stage of the applicant. These phases further depend on the following factors:
- Unmarried applicants are required to achieve a score of at least 44 points out of a total 81 points while they are in the selection stage.
- Married applicants are expected to score at least 51 points at the selection stage.
- At the preliminary evaluation stage, unmarried applicants should score 38 out of 75.
- For the same stage, married applicants need to have a score of at least 44 points out of 81
OTHER FACTORS TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION ARE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- The applicant’s and the applicant’s spouse’s age (if applicable)
- The applicant’s and the applicant’s spouse’s professional training details that include nature and duration of training
- The applicant’s fluency in English and French
- The Applicant’s know-how about the Quebec region
- Applicant’s know-how.
REGULATED TRADES & PROFESSIONS
During the practice of a regulated profession or trade in a self-employed capacity, the applicant must ensure the legality of the permission to practice in Quebec by abiding the laws of regulatory bodies in the province. The applicant is needed to meet the criteria of full licensing requirements that are necessary to complete in order to practice legally in the province. This Quebec Immigration Program is indistinguishable to the Federal Self-Employed Immigration Program. However, the Quebec Program provides a larger number of occupations to apply to. On the contrary, the Federal Program limits the application to those applicants who are experienced in fields such as cultural, athletic areas, and farming.