A few other factors might also be taken into consideration that includes personal profile, language proficiency, applicant’s age and nature of professional training.
- The applicant must intend to reside in Quebec, and bring about their own employment by practicing their profession or trade on their own account.
- The applicant must have the experience of two years at-least as a self-employed in the profession or trade that he/she will be performing in the Quebec.
- The applicant must own the legal net assets of at-least CAD $100,000. This amount may comprise of the net assets of the applicant’s spouse too, as long as the spouse will be accompanying the applicant.
As per Quebec Skilled Worker Program requirements, the applicant is expected to achieve a certain number of points depending on the circumstances and stage of the applicant. These phases further depend on the following factors:
- Unmarried applicants are required to achieve a score of at least 44 points out of a total 81 points while they’re at the selection stage.
- Married applicants are expected to score at least 51 points at the selection stage
- At preliminary evaluation stage, unmarried applicants should score 38 out of 75
- For the same stage, married applicants need to have a score of at least 44 out of 81
OTHER FACTORS TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION ARE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Applicant’s and applicant spouse’s age (if applicable)
- Applicant’s and applicant spouse’s professional training details that include nature and duration of training.
- Applicant’s fluency in English and French
- Applicant’s knowhow about Quebec region
- Applicant’s know-how.
REGULATED TRADES & PROFESSIONS
During the practice of a regulated profession or trade in a self-employed capacity, the applicant must ensure the legality of the permission to practise in Quebec by abiding the laws of regulatory bodies in the province of Quebec. The applicant is needed to meet the criteria of full licencing requirements which are necessary to practice in this province. This Quebec immigration program is indistinguishable to the Federal Self-Employed Immigration program. However, the Quebec program provides a larger number of occupations to apply. On the contrary, the Federal program limits application to those applicants who are experienced in fields such as cultural, athletic and farming.